15 Signs you Grew up In the Country
- When giving directions you don’t use street names, you use landmarks
- You didn’t need to have the Birds and Bees talk with your parents. You have farm animals.
- Travel ‘to town’ is measured in time, not distance
- Cell Service and High Speed internet are luxuries
- The fair was the social event of the season
- You spend more time watching for Moose on the way to the neighbors than for cars
- You can still remember what time, before it was light out, that your bus came (6:47)
- You drove a car before taking drivers ed
- You drove a tractor before driving a car
- You can drive a clutch and you learned on the tractor
- You wave at people as they pass you on your dirt road
- Bacon and eggs were both ‘home grown’
- You’ve driven your 4-wheeler to the post office
- Your 4-wheeler wasn’t the only one there
- You’ve made forts out of snow. or hay.
Bonus: Everybody knows everybody, so if you think you are going to get away with something, you better re-think it.
This post linked up with:
Simple Saturday’s at Homestead Hippy
Please follow and like us: