15 Signs you Grew up In the Country
- When giving directions you don’t use street names, you use landmarks
- You didn’t need to have the Birds and Bees talk with your parents. You have farm animals.
- Travel ‘to town’ is measured in time, not distance
- Cell Service and High Speed internet are luxuries
- The fair was the social event of the season
- You spend more time watching for Moose on the way to the neighbors than for cars
- You can still remember what time, before it was light out, that your bus came (6:47)
- You drove a car before taking drivers ed
- You drove a tractor before driving a car
- You can drive a clutch and you learned on the tractor
- You wave at people as they pass you on your dirt road
- Bacon and eggs were both ‘home grown’
- You’ve driven your 4-wheeler to the post office
- Your 4-wheeler wasn’t the only one there
- You’ve made forts out of snow. or hay.
Bonus: Everybody knows everybody, so if you think you are going to get away with something, you better re-think it.
This post linked up with:
Simple Saturday’s at Homestead Hippy
photo credit: SplaTT via photopin cchttps://mamakautz.com/15-signs-you-grew-up-in-the-country/https://mamakautz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/15-signs.jpghttps://mamakautz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/15-signs-150x150.jpgChristian LivingbloggingWhen giving directions you don't use street names, you use landmarks You didn't need to have the Birds and Bees talk with your parents. You have farm animals. Travel 'to town' is measured in time, not distance Cell Service and High Speed internet are luxuries The fair was the social event of the...Mama Kautz firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorMama Kautz
This is cute. The one about the fair is my favorite:)
Thank you It was a fun list to pull together
Oh wow! I THOUGHT I grew up in the country. The fair was our big event and it was BIG! Everybody knew everybody, and I grew up on a dirt road, but there are several that I couldn’t claim. You know what though…I tell my husband all the time I am a small town girl. I wouldn’t have it any other way!!! Great post.