Logic of English Review
When I was at Allume last month I got the chance to hear a representative speak from Logic of English
We are in our 6th year of homeschooling. I have always believed there won’t be any crying. I don’t make my kids sit at the table to finish a work sheet on something they don’t understand.
I didn’t make my boys read. They finally, around age 12 maybe 10, picked up books on their own and read…all.the.time. There weren’t any tears. They did it when they were ready.
That is part of the joy of homeschooling.
So when they announced you could do a review for Logic of English I jumped at the chance.
Yes…this was for an 8th grader.
I want to first say, these cards are super high quality. They will last through more than 2 or even 3 kids. So, when looking at the cost, think of it as an investment.
Basic Phonogram flash cards. My 13 year old liked sitting with these and just reading them. Lots of “oh, that makes sense” moments.
The Logic of English Basic Phonogram Flash Cards include the 74 single-letter and multi-letter phonograms complete with sample words and spelling aids on the back for quick teacher reference.
These Spelling Rule flash cards were also great for just sitting and reading.
We didn’t do drill with them, as they were too detailed to remember ALL of the information that were on them.
The Logic of English Spelling Rule Flash Cards include the 30 spelling rules as described in Uncovering the Logic of English by Denise Eide. The Logic of English Spelling Rule Cards are printed on 4.5X6 heavy, cover stock and coated for durability.
While he thought this was ALL he had to do for spelling, these are a good supplement.
I also received The Logic of English. This isn’t curriculum. It’s a great read to answer your questions about the English language.
- Logically explains the spelling of 98% of English words.
- Systematically teaches the reasons behind English spelling.
- Introduces nine reasons for a silent final E.
- Demonstrates the importance of learning the 3 Latin spellings of the sound /sh/
- Teaches how to add a suffix to any English word.
- Reveals the importance of learning roots for reading comprehension and vocabulary development.
- Provides a clear solution to the difficulty of English dialects in regards to spelling.
- Includes extensive charts and tables for personal and classroom reference.
I received these items for free in return for my review.