What I Learned At a Homeschool Conference
The first day at the CHOIS Homeschool Conference in Nampa was great. I got to hear Michael Farris, Esq. from the HSLDA and Zan Tyler from Apologia. It was my perfect homeschool storm! I had wanted to hear Zan speak at the 2 to 1 Conference but I wasn’t able to raise airfare. As it turns out her dad was sick and she wasn’t able to be there.
Here are a few bullet points about what I learned
- Educational choices have predictable results~Michael Farris
- Media doesn’t come from adult authority~M.F.
- Respect authority and what they teach~M.F.
- When sending your kids to public school and you say ‘well they are the salt and the light’ when was the last time YOU were the salt and the light?~M.F.
- For the older grades: don’t spoon feed their assignments. Give them a week at a time with a DEADLINE.
- Give consequences for missed deadlines
- Make sure they are efficient at math and writing….don’t pay for non credit college classes because your children aren’t up to par
- Burden is a call to prayer
- “God delights in opening doors for us”~Debra Bell via Zan Tyler
- Obstacles aren’t reasons to quit homeschooling, they are reasons to pray~Zan Tyler
These are what have really stuck out at me. I still have notes from Zan Tyler that I want to share with you. She tells us, as homeschool moms, ARE enough.
I came away with a renewed spark for homeschooling….I want to share that spark with you!https://mamakautz.com/what-i-learned-at-a-homeschool-conference/Christian LivingCHOIS conference,Mama Kautz The first day at the CHOIS Homeschool Conference in Nampa was great. I got to hear Michael Farris, Esq. from the HSLDA and Zan Tyler from Apologia. It was my perfect homeschool storm! I had wanted to hear Zan speak at the 2 to 1 Conference but I wasn't...Mama Kautz firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorMama Kautz - The Essential Prepper