You ARE Enough
Bullet points from hearing Nancy Manos from Arizona Families for Home Education. I had to add she was A-DOR-ABLE!
- I don’t homeschool because I am creative
- or patient
Don’t fall for the comparing to other moms Just because they might be creative or patient or…. God didn’t make YOU that way and it’s okay!
- Do believe that you are removing opportunity to grow in patience by sending them off everyday is not addressing the heart issue
Fruits of Homeschooling
- Robbing God the opportunity to show up
- School gets the best of your kids (ex. my boys are ADD and ADHD…by the time they got off the bus every afternoon their meds had worn off, they were hungry because their meds had worn off, and they were tired because the bus came at 6:45. This combination hardly made for nice, family time in the evening.)
- Those that say “I couldn’t STAND being with my kids all day” Uh God gave them to us to raise and nurture….it’s our calling.
The enemy wants to tell us we aren’t enough.
Trust Him to guide and lead and you’ll be in freedom!
1 Peter 5:8 (NIV)
8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
- Too much Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, blog reading=you feeling inadequate.
- Be aware of how the enemy is trying to bring you down
- We need to be free as the women who God made us to be
2 Corinthians 10:5 (NIV)
5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
- Who does HE see us as?
- Our life isn’t on hold because we are raising our children
- Enjoy who you are
- You need to see the world through your gifts
Homeschooling is messy, not what you see on Pinterest ~Nancy Manos